From innovative engineering ideas to precision project management, Bilfinger engineers deliver the solutions that meet client needs and fuel growing economies. Join our team where integrity, quality and the seamless integration of skills are the working standard.
Bilfinger Industrial Services Inc. is seeking a Project Manager / Consultant for our Engineering Group based at our Corporate Office in Ballwin, MO.
The objective of the position is to manage our engineering projects, enhance project management capabilities and grow the business with the assigned client(s). Defining and successfully managing activities in the early stages of (multidisciplinary) projects is a key element of this position. Through sound project definition and delivery the Project Manager / Consultant is will be an important element in developing our Engineering group’s skill set, whilst growing long term relationships with clients and maximizing sales opportunities with them.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated and demonstrates strong skills with regard to Project Management and Consultancy in a multi-stakeholder environment. He/she has the ability to successfully support clients in defining projects and excels in the feasibility and conceptual phase of a project. To be a robust and trustworthy client counterpart, knowledge of and experience in industrial engineering and construction is an essential part of the candidate’s profile.
The Project Manager / Consultant is a key position in our engineering organization. We offer a position that comes with responsibility and growth opportunities in a dynamic environment with diverse projects and clients.
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Support clients in defining project objectives. Lead the effort in defining the project scope, costs, schedule, risks and restraints effectively involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and execute a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress and minimize project risks.
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to the assigned project (portfolio).
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget according to our client needs and objectives.
- Effectively manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation for projects in collaboration with the engineering organization.
- Measure project performance using appropriate methodologies and tools report and escalate to management when needed
- Contribute to further development of the Engineering Group’s project management capabilities
- Identify growth opportunities regarding the assigned client base.
- Set up and manage proposals for (multidisciplinary) engineering services.
- Safety is an absolute responsibility of managers at each level of authority for all that happens or fails to happen in response to the program within their respective areas. Each manager is expected to implement an incident prevention program as outlined in the Safety and Loss Control Manuel.
- Implement and act in accordance with our company policies and procedures. This includes but is not limited to: Code of Ethics, Safety and Loss Control, Human Resources, Finance, and Information Technology.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven Project Management experience and track record (5+ years) in the industrial sector
- Solid technical background and hands-on experience in the field of industrial engineering, construction and maintenance.
- Proven record of leading Multi Discipline teams to project oobjectives (cost and schedule)
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong commercial understanding and clients-facing skills
- PMP Certification is a plus
- PE certification is a plus
- Experience in governmental projects is preferred
Please visit our website for additional company information at www.is-usa.bilfinger.com.
Bilfinger Industrial Services is an equal opportunity employer and we offers competitive pay and benefits including 401(k), A background check in compliance with the fair credit reporting act and a drug screening is required. Relocation assistance is not provided.