From innovative engineering ideas to precision project management, Bilfinger Industrial Services delivers the solutions that meet client needs and fuel growing economies. Join a team where integrity, quality and the seamless integration of skills are the working standard. Bilfinger offers excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Bilfinger Industrial Services is seeking a Project Engineer/Manager to join our team in Alexandria, LA. We have a large construction presence on site at a major manufacturing facility and wish to more effectively provide them with engineering support out of our St. Louis headquarters. This position consists of two main areas of responsibility: support the construction team on site with engineering expertise, and coordinate engineering projects with the engineers and engineering managers in the St. Louis office with a focus on growing the relationship with the plant.
- Ideal candidates require little supervision, demonstrate initiative, and possess excellent interpersonal skills such as verbal, written, listening, communication and problem solving.
- On site, the Project Engineer/Manager will serve as a reference for construction personnel when possible and must be able to discern when outside engineering services may be a benefit to the site.
- The Project Engineer/Manager will develop a relationship with the plant project managers on behalf of the off-site engineering team and find new opportunities to become involved on site.
- Must be able to identify and communicate engineering needs and site conditions with off-site engineering team.
- Must be able to facilitate and lead meetings with the client.
- The project engineer supports proposal efforts through the preparation of scope documents, design criteria, effort-hour estimates, and schedules for projects.
- The candidate must have strong technical skills paired with the ability to adapt and modify traditional techniques to analyze engineering problems, and provide solutions.
- This role will require management of multiple concurrent projects from initiation through completion and ongoing operational support.
- Experience in a construction / industrial / manufacturing setting, consumer products preferred.
- Experience with equipment sizing and mechanical equipment specifications.
- Experience with AutoCAD drawings preferred, 2D and 3D generation capabilities a plus.
- Prior experience with piping design/layout a plus.
- Experience generating Process Flow Diagrams and Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams.
- A BS in Chemical, Mechanical, or Structural Engineering preferred but a candidate with extensive relevant experience may still be considered without a degree.
- 3+ years of experience in project engineering.
- 2+ years of project management preferred.
- A licensed PE in Louisiana is preferred but not necessary.
Bilfinger Industrial Services is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits including 401(k). A background check in compliance with the fair credit reporting act and a drug screening is required.
Please visit our website for additional company information at www.is-usa.bilfinger.com.