Bilfinger Industrial Services Inc., known as a leading one stop shop provider for complex industrial services is seeking a Site Manager at our Bradenton, FL site location. This position requires a self-motivated individual to assist with providing leadership to the site construction and engineering organization. Plan, organize and staff key positions for the jobsite. Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy. Monitor and control site standards for safety, quality, schedule, cost and sustainability. Represent company in project meetings, manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company's interest and simultaneously maintain a good relationship with the Client.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safety is an absolute responsibility of managers at each level of authority for all that happens or fails to happen in response to the program within their respective areas.Each manager is expected to implement an incident prevention program as outlined in the Safety and Loss Control Manual.
- Implement and act in accordance with our company policies and procedures.This includes but is not limited to:Code of Ethics, Safety and Loss Control, Human Resources, Finance, and Information Technology.
- Supervise and promote construction site safety, leading the site towards zero injury.Lead in the development, continual improvement, and achievement of site safety goals.Maintain consistent involvement with site multi-cause investigations, behavioral observation surveys, and safety system improvements.
- Manage Client’s Construction and Maintenance Contractors including safety, schedule, scope reviews, budgets, bidding process and coordination with other contractors and plant operations.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the owner/client contract documents and ensure compliance for successful project execution and limitation of liability.
- Ensure processes are in place such that work estimates, including changes are approved by the Owner prior to committing funds on the work.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the subcontract documents including terms and conditions.
- Manage and interface with Contractors at the site and provides feedback to them on their performance.
- Establish and foster the company’s public relations image locally.
- Initiate long-range project organizational planning, including succession planning for site roles, as well as local/regional involvement in recruiting new employees.
- Understand and enforce company policies.
- Develop and maintain proper site staffing levels.
- Perform annual staff appraisals on subordinate employees and ensure that other site staff employees have meaningful annual appraisals by their supervisors.
- Budgets - predict and manage spending in indirect accounts.
- Ensure robust schedule and cost management and forecasting processes are in place, including change management and is actively involved in periodic schedule and cost reviews.
- Establish and enforce jobsite procedures.
- Facilitate Site Leadership meetings to ensure the entire team works toward a common goal.
- Promote interaction among all team members.
- Proactively and timely communicate jobsite and personnel issues with Operations Manager, as well as days away from the jobsite.
- Other duties as assigned by the company or the supervisor to meet business needs.
- B.S. in Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent construction management experience.
- OSHA 30 Certification.
- Advanced knowledge of the construction industry and company operations required.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to travel by plane or vehicle.
- Frequently required to monitor project worksites which include standing, climbing stairs and ladders, stooping and bending.
Please visit our website for additional company information at www.is-usa.bilfinger.com.
Bilfinger Industrial Services is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits including 401(k). A background check in compliance with the fair credit reporting act and a drug screening is required. Relocation assistance is not provided.