Bilfinger is a leading international industrial services provider. The Group enhances the efficiency of assets, ensures a high level of availability and reduces maintenance costs. The portfolio covers the entire value chain from consulting, engineering, manufacturing, assembly, maintenance, plant expansion as well as turnarounds and also includes environmental technologies and digital applications. The company delivers its services in two business segments: Engineering & Technologies as well as Maintenance, Modifications & Operations. Bilfinger is primarily active in the regions Continental Europe, Northwest Europe, North America and the Middle East.
Bilfinger North America Holding Inc is looking for a Tax Accountant to work in our Houston, TX office. This position, with dual reporting directly to the CFO and the Tax Department in Germany, will be responsible for managing the tax reporting, tax planning, and strategic tax objections for multiple Bilfinger US companies. If you are seeking an innovated position in an international company, please apply at www.is-usa.bilfinger.com.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Closely collaborate in day to day as well as above the ordinary business with all corporate functions involved (e.g. legal, controlling, accounting, treasury, human resources).
- Introduce open minded culture focusing on creation of values to benefit the entire Bilfinger Group.
- Follow Bilfinger group’s tax guideline and closely collaborate with corporate tax team at the Headquarters in particular with respect to tax reporting and tax planning requirements.
- Produce and update the US group tax guidelines for the US group entities involving corporate tax department and external advisors and ensure accurate observation.
- Monitor and safeguard tax compliance requirements.
- Identify, manage and mitigate tax risk items.
- Identify and analyze existing processes with nexus to tax related items.
- Optimize and harmonize current processes with nexus to tax related items where feasible.
- Introduce and monitor new methods of operations where necessary (e.g. producing tax returns).
- Render tax advice regarding the update/customization/harmonization of ERP systems.
- Create and maintain reasonable IT landscape with nexus to tax matters, including selection of tax software required.
- Assist Corporate tax department with tax planning in the US including Corporate reorganizations, interest deductibility issues, transfer pricing, profit repatriation ideas and any merger & acquisition work.
- Experience and understanding of transfer pricing reporting and documentation.
- Experience organizing and managing federal and state tax audits.
- Experienced in establishing a solid working environment regarding tax matters.
- Coordination and collaboration with external tax advisors.
- Ongoing monitoring of developments in US tax laws and practice.
- Ongoing monitoring of developments in US tax laws and practice and ensure respective exercise.
- Update corporate tax department on latest US tax trends.
- International tax experience a plus.
- Ensure Fin48 (ASC 740-10) requirements.
- SOX experience.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Must have experience in filing of the U.S. consolidated federal income tax returns for large companies.
- Must have experience with ASC 740 Accounting for Income Taxes as well as IFRS knowledge balances,
- Experience preparing quarterly estimated federal and state tax payments.
- Multi-state sales and Use Tax experience.
- Familiar with Property Tax reporting compliance issues.
- Experience with quarterly and annual payroll tax compliance filings and issues.
- Strong track record of problem solving, strategic/creative thinking.
- Must have experience in tax within the multinational engineering industry.
- Must have strong experience Microsoft Office and SAP.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- Master’s Degree required.
- Ability to represent and push global Bilfinger group’s interest and guidelines.