Bilfinger Industrial Services, Inc. is seeking a Professional Electrical Engineer at our Corporate Ballwin, MO location. This position requires a self-motivated individual to assist with design and development of power distribution, instrumentation and controls projects for mostly industrial clients. Bilfinger Industrial Services offers complete electrical engineering and building services design capabilities for manufacturing, industrial, institutional, and commercial facilities. Our design capabilities include design of power systems, instrumentation and controls, lighting, grounding and heat tracing.
- Design of power distribution, instrumentation and controls, lighting, grounding, and heat tracing.
- Create and review electrical equipment specifications.
- Perform electrical engineering studies and calculations.
- Develop schematic drawings, wiring diagrams. MCC single line diagrams, control panel layouts, device plan drawings.
- Review Shop drawings and vendor documentation.
- Responsible for executing projects on schedule and within budget.
- Clearly communicate concepts and ideas with clients and construction personnel.
- Read and interpret P & ID’s and General Arrangement Drawings.
- Develop proposals and project hour estimates.
- Requires a BSEE, PE and 10 to 20 years of electrical design experience.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, written and verbal communication skills, time management and organizational skills are required as well as knowledge of manufacturing, industrial and electrical systems.
- Good working knowledge of the NEC and NFPA standards.
- Candidate should be comfortable working on a project team, and must be able to assume the role as lead engineer or as working as a design engineer supporting other lead electrical engineers on large projects.
- Working knowledge of PLC based control systems, motor drives and the ability to read schematics.
- Experience with AutoCAD, SKM Powertools and Revit is a plus.
- Experience working in a consulting environment or industrial facilities is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of VFD’s, motor starters, control relays, MCC’s and process instrumentation.
- Proactive and capable of working independently.
- Familiar with network architecture, Ethernet, Devicenet, Controlnet, Fiber.
From innovative engineering ideas to precision project management, Bilfinger Industrial Services delivers the solutions that meet client needs and fuel growing economies. Join a team where integrity, quality and the seamless integration of skills are the working standard. Bilfinger offers excellent benefits and competitive salaries. Bilfinger Industrial Services is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our website for additional company information at www.is-usa.bilfinger.com