Known as a leading one-stop shop provider for complex industrial services, Bilfinger Industrial Services, Inc. delivers comprehensive and innovative solutions to our clients in a safe and cost effective manner. As a vital member of the Bilfinger Industrial Services global network, Bilfinger Industrial Services, Inc. employs team members instilled with a work ethic of integrity and quality.
Bilfinger Industrial Services, Inc. is seeking an experienced Project Quality Control and Certified Welding Inspector at our Kansas City, KS location. This position requires a self-motivated individual to oversee the project welding inspection program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Quality Control Inspector responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in all site safety programs and ensure robust compliance on specific project area of responsibility.
- Ensure subcontractors associated with project follow all site rules and policies.
- Perform Certified Welding Inspector Services for all welding operations at the project site.
- Act as liaison with Client’s Quality Assurance Control Manager and Code Authorized Inspector(s).
- Develop working knowledge of Company Quality Control Program.
- Perform daily inspections and coordinate and execute tests to determine acceptability of work.
- Perform receiving inspection of incoming material, fabrications, and equipment to ensure conformance to technical and quality requirements.
- Coordinate quality control inspection schedules with other department schedules.
- Lead the resolution of technical and quality related problems and questions.
- Identify and drive the resolution of nonconformance items.
- Maintain work performance records, inspection records, and other related items. Ensure correctness of all documents.
- Participate in quality control audits.
- Perform additional duties per direction of Site Manager and/or Quality Manager.
- Other duties as assigned by Company to meet business needs.
- Document lock out, tag out activities.
- Current AWS Certified Welding Inspector credential required.
- Knowledge of nondestructive testing methods and equipment; visual, remote visual, leak, ANST certification desired.
- Knowledge of industry standard technical documents, such as, but not limited to; ASME, AWS, API.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheets, and data bases using Microsoft Office programs.
- Construction completion inspection documentation.
- Drawings as built, weld-mapping.
- Ability to operate borescope.
- Working Knowledge of Sanitary tubing BPE standards.
Please visit our website for additional company information at www.is-usa.bilfinger.com.
Bilfinger Industrial Services is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits including 401(k). A background check in compliance with the fair credit reporting act and a drug screening is required. Relocation assistance is not provided.